Riverview Medical Associates Immigration Physical Instructions
Dr. Kalyani Gardilla is a licensed US Civil Surgeon who has been authorized by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to conduct Immigration Physicals for the Department of Homeland Security. Individuals applying for citizenship or seeking Permanent Residency or a Green Card are required to obtain an immigration physical performed by a designated Civil Surgeon prior to approval of their application. The exam results will be recorded on Form I-693 for the applicant to return to the USCIS (INS). The exam process generally takes 1-3 days, depending on whether a tuberculosis test (PPD) is needed. To schedule an appointment call 732-741-3600 .
Services & Fees
- Complete Immigration Physical Examination
The cost of the complete Immigration Physical Examination is $225.00 and includes:
- Physical Examination
- Review of your written vaccination and other health records
- Tuberculin skin testing and interpretation. This is required for applicants 2 and older. This test requires a return visit to the office within 48 – 72 hours after administration. If the test reading is positive, a chest X-ray will be required. The cost of the X-ray, should it be necessary, is not included in the price of the immigration exam but can be performed on site for an additional fee.
- Certified and Sealed I-693 form with a copy for yourself
- Copies of your laboratory testing
Additional services that may be required, such as required vaccinations, additional certified copies of exams, blood tests for immunization status. If vaccinations are required, they may be obtained here at the time of the exam, at your primary care physician or we can arrange for them at a local immunization clinic at an extra fee that will be paid to the clinic. Any questions as to what specific vaccination is required will be answered by the civil surgeon during the exam.
What To Bring
- Valid, government issued picture ID, driver’s license, green card, or military ID.
- Your ORIGINAL CURRENT (NOT EXPIRED) PASSPORT, ALONG WITH A COPY OF EVERY PAGE (EVEN THE BLANK PAGES) OF THAT PASSPORT.
- Medical records (translated to English by an official translator, if necessary), including proof of prior treatment for tuberculosis or other infectious disease and prior chest x-rays
- Immunization records (translated to English by an official translator, if necessary)
- Any mental health records (translated to English by an official translator, if necessary)
- An immigration physical form I-693, pre-completed with your information IN CAPITAL LETTERS. Please make sure this form is up to date (see the expiration date in the upper right or lower left corner).
- Please budget at least 2-3 hours for this process on the first day and a total of 1-4 days depending on the necessity of PPD skin testing and availability of lab results (Friday and weekend exams may take longer for labs to process). Additional labs may be needed at an additional expense and may require up to 1-2 weeks for a result, depending on the test.
- Payment of $225.00 IN FULL is expected at your FIRST APPOINTMENT . Payment for any remaining balance will be expected IN FULL when you pick up your completed I-693. WE ACCEPT CASH, MONEY ORDER, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DISCOVER, MASTERCARD AND VISA AS FORMS OF PAYMENT .
After The Exam
Once the immigration medical examination is completed and all immunizations and/or lab tests have been performed, we will provide you with a certified form I-693 in a sealed envelope to present to the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE . Turn in the envelope with your immigration application. A copy of your blood tests results and exam will be provided for you to keep after results have been discussed with the doctor. The medical examination will only be valid up to a year after the immigration exam date.
Typically, you will be notified of the results of your lab work (and chest x-ray, if done) within 7-10 days. If you have a health condition requires that medical follow-up, clearance will not be granted until follow-up is completed. You will be responsible for the cost of any additional medical examinations or treatments required to fulfill the federal health requirements established by USCIS.
While Riverview Medical Associates has bilingual and multilingual staff (English, Spanish) available, it is your responsibility to bring a translator and have all your necessary immunization and medical records translated into English by an official translator to expedite your exam process.
Visit the Official US Citizen & Immigration Services website for more information.
Useful Documents :
Immigration Physical Form I-693 MAY BE FOUND AT:
Instructions on filling out Form I-693 MAY BE FOUND AT
Information about required vaccinations can be found on the CDC website at: